Registered with the Sandwich Historical Commission this home originally owned by John Holway in 1852 was brought over on a barge from Nantucket before it was placed at 199 Main street. It is estimated to have been originally built in 1740.An addition in the 1980's of a great room/kitchen was added by the previous owner. The house is year round and has a newer oil fired boiler.The easily manageable lot has a large shed at the rear and a nice brick patio and walkway at the back of the house. Someone with a green thumb would have a fantastic canvas.Currently there is a wheelchair ramp going up to the large entrance side door making access easy.Even thought its an historic home, there are 2 full bathrooms, one upstairs with a shower and the one downstairs has a soaking tub and separate shower. There is also a 1st floor stackable washer and dryer.The house is ready for its next owner to buff it up and make it a picture perfect Cape Cod retirement or vacation home. Towards that end, the seller will contribute $25k towards replacement windows, flooring or closing costs.Come see this today and own a piece of history on Cape Cod.